LET'S SEND OUR LOVE AND SUPPORT TO SID & JERRY
WHILE HE BATTLES CANCER! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

update...

Dad went into the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. They have been giving him shots to get his blood ready to take out the stem cells. He's doing good. He said that the shots burn, and the food isn't as good as Mom's, but he's doing well.
Mom gets to go down with him each day, then she comes home. She hates seeing Dad get poked and she hates leaving him each night there at the hospital.
After they take his stem cells out, he will come home for a few days to get ready for chemo.
Thanks for the comments on this blog. Mom is taking down their laptop so that Dad can read what we have to say about him:)

4 comments:

Amie said...

Daddy...I LOVE YOU!!! I am sorry that they have to poke you. I am sorry that you have to sit around in that stupid place-I know how much you just LOVE to sit:) My offer still stands...I can and will teach you how to knit! I LOVE YOU!!!

Holly said...

LOL!! OK, Jerry, if Sid starts knitting, WE WANT VIDEO!!! ;p I bet he'd end up pretty good at it with all that time to work on it... He'd probably even muster a smile for us! ;D Hmmm.... what ELSE??? We'll think of more exciting activities, I'm SURE!

I'm sorry you have to get poked too! UGH! I HATE to get poked... I would be a bad candidate for this... When I was 8 & my mom was having my little sister, I told her I was NEVER going to have babies because I didn't want them to "stick me"! LOL! Well, I've been stuck plenty now and still don't like it...

Hang in there! (((BIG HUGS!)))

Tanner and Kristin said...

Oh my...I'm having visions of Sid knitting. For some UnKnOwN reason, that is so funny to me, that I'm sitting here laughing. Love you guys to pieces...always have and always will! We're thinking about you and praying for a very speedy recovery! Jerry, I'm here for you, girl! You just let me know how I can help - what, when and where and I'll be all over it! Love you guys!!

Jami said...

How are some of my very favorite people handling his new adventure? Never a dull moment I tell ya! There are so many of us on our knees for you numerous times a day. The Lord is in charge and will carry you through this experience. Jerry, The spirit around you on Sunday was very strong and I am confident that you have the presence of special helpers from beyone the veil to sustain you and Sid. The ward is uniting even more as a result of this...way to go. You are blessing us all through your willingness to go through this trial. Way to take one for the team- you are phenomenal and we adore you both! Jerry- do you need any errands run? Dry cleaning? toilets? groceries? ironing? library books to return? Anything? I'm your girl! We love you! Jared sends his love and big hugs!